How to Use Google Tasks on a Desktop
1. With your new updated Gmail, you’ll see a blue icon on the right side (underneath Calendar and Keep). Click the icon, labelled “Tasks”.
2. Click the blue “+” button to add your first task.
3. Now, type a task in the line beside the bubble and then click the “Enter” or “Return” key.
4. If you only need to add a basic task, you’re all set. However, the Tasks tool also allows you to edit your task — to do this, click the pencil icon beside your task.
5. Here, you can add details including when your task is due (which will integrate into your Calendar), a paragraph box for your own notes, and the option to add subtasks if you feel the need to break up your task into parts.
6. When you’ve completed a task, simply click the bubble beside the task. When you do, it will briefly show a check mark, cross itself off, and then disappear off your list.